Dynamic Museum of Brick and Terracotta
The Museum is located in Palazzo Pietromarchi, a noble residence built in the fourteenth century by the family of the Bulgarelli Counts of Marsciano. It collects a number of brick building materials, dating from the Roman age to today, as well as decorative and commonly used terracotta.
The exhibition in the ancient noble rooms testifies both the social transformations related to this activity and the industrial production techniques and the use of bricks in contemporary architecture.
The museum collection is made more precious by a series of paintings from the area, including a valuable fresco from the school of Pinturicchio, and the collection of works by Antonio Ranocchia (1915-1989), an artist from Marsciano famous all over the world especially for his sculptures, mainly in terracotta, in which a strongly expressive hand is evident.